Build and Test a
Basic Function Block Type
- Start the FBDK.
- Import library elements if and as
- Create a new basic FB type in the editor by double-clicking
on the Basic fb type of the
template folder in
the Library Navigator.
- Edit the function block's elements:
- When your editing is complete, save your work with the Save As... =>XML
It is a good idea to save
your work from time to time while editing, too!
- Generate and compile a Java® source file with the Save As...
=>Java dialog. The results of the compilation (including errors,
if any) will be displayed in the Log tab of the Text panel, and a dialog will open
indicating whether the compilation has succeeded or not.
- Test the FB type by clicking the Run menu item of the root node in the Element Navigator. In the test window, you can
set or clear the values of the inputs, click on event input buttons
and observe the resulting event and variable outputs.
- The Run menu item will only be enabled if a compiled
.class file is available, either in a subdirectory of
lib folder or in the
- You can open more than one test window a a time on the FB
Type; each test window will have its own instance of the FB type
and its own window number in parentheses in the title bar.
- The FB type is defined as Running as long as at
least one test window is opened on an instance of it; this is
indicated by outlining its interface in green.
- To prevent inconsistencies between running and edited
versions, only the Run option will be enabled in the popup
menu when the FB type is Running.
- After all the test windows have been closed, the FB type is
no longer Running, and its interface outline returns to its normal
- If you change the code of the block and recompile, you will
have to exit the FBEditor application and restart it in order to
force a reload of the class file.
Last updated: 2014-10-22.
©2011,2014 Holobloc Inc.
All rights reserved.
is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its