Sometimes you need to import library elements into the FBDK from other folders in your system, for instance when you want to reuse library elements that you have created with earlier versions of the FBDK. Here's how to do this:
- Drag the file from its location in the computer to the title
bar of the editor.
- A drag from a file manager window is illustrated below; you can also drag in elements from the desktop.
- You can drag in multiple files at once.
- A file cannot be imported unless:
- An error message will be given and the file will not be
imported if an error occurs in reading or parsing the file.
- A new tab will be opened for each imported file, as shown
- The imported files are not automatically saved. Note, for
instance, that the newly imported
NEWFBFB type does not appear in the Library Navigator.
- The imported files are not automatically saved. Note, for instance, that the newly imported
- Make any necessary changes to the imported elements and save your work.
- After saving the XML, the new element will appear in the Library Navigator as shown below.
- If you attempt to close a tab or exit the editor without
saving an imported element, a dialog will open asking if you
really want to discard the imported element. If you answer "Yes"
it will be discarded, if "No" the "Close" operation will be